The Little Brown Church constructed in 1910 as a community church and was served In early years by circuit riding preachers. Reverend Herschel Harkins conducted ecumenical services there for many years. The only church in Pacifica at the time of the photo, the building later housed the Pacifica Police Department. The records of the time indicate that the Little Brown Church was built between May and July of 1910 and dedicated on July 24, 1910.
July 1, 1910 announcement in the San Francisco Call Bulletin.
From Footprints, Episode 5: A history of this beloved landmark and plans for its restoration as an historical museum. In studio: Karl Baldwin and Jack Dodson.
The Pacifica Historicial Society progress in the restoration of the Little Brown Church building.